Francesca BlackardManaging Partner
I pride myself on getting to know each client on a personal level to really understand their goals whether it be in a divorce suit, child custody case, or in negotiating a pre-marital agreement. As abstract as those goals may be, it is important for an attorney to never lose sight of them in the heat of litigation/negotiation/mediation/collaboration.Education
New York Law School, J.D.
DePaul University, B.A. Political Science
Ursuline Academy of Dallas
Christ the King School of Dallas
- Secured primary possession for a grandparent seeking custody of a grandchild.
- Negotiated a 50/50 possession schedule for a parent who had previously signed away custody rights in the heat of a divorce.
- In first month at firm, briefed the Court on complex division of a medical practice leading to favorable judgment.
- Negotiated post-marital agreement to save marriage; marriage ultimately ended in amicable divorce a few years later with no disputes.
- Negotiated pre-marital agreement for prominent surgeon, saving him millions when he caught wife in adultery in first year of marriage.
- Assisted Highland Park stay-at-home mom with obtaining no overnights for physically abusive dad.
- Negotiated confirmation of premarital agreement for prominent NBA player to avoid costly litigation and hurt/embarrassment to his children.
- Participated in jury trial resulting in primary possession for dad after previous termination of his rights.
- Negotiated 50/50 possession for oil and gas CEO dad even though wife was stay-at-home mom.
- Secured above-guideline child support for mom whose CEO husband at major worldwide enterprise had recently been let go.
- Litigated suit for famous musician securing him millions of dollars despite heavily commingled estate.
- 2021 "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News & World Report
- 2021-2017 “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine
- 2021-2018 “Best Lawyers Under 40” by D Magazine
- 2021-2016 “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- 2020 International Advisory Experts Award Winner
- 2019 Dallas Top Women in Law Award by the National Diversity Council
- 2021-2017 “Power Player” by Modern Luxury Magazine
- 2020-2016 “Dynamic Women” by Modern Luxury Magazine
- 2020 Top Ten Ranking by The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- 2021 "Top 10 Blog Posts" by Texas Bar Today
- 2020-2018 “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth Magazine
- State Bar of Texas
- National Society for Collegiate Scholars
- Saint Anne’s Society Board Member at Christ the King Church
- Preston Hollow Early Childhood Association Board Member
- Co-Authored “Stopping Abuse & Changing Your Life” with Kirk Blackard– expected release Fall 2020