Brandon JosephSenior Associate Attorney
Brandon Joseph is an Attorney at McClure Law Group. As a persuasive advocate, Brandon's intense work ethic and passion for the law make him a real asset to the McClure legal team and their clients.
During his law school years, Brandon gained litigation experience through employment at the Harris County District Attorney's Office where he worked on behalf of victims of family violence and prosecuted well over 500 protective orders with his student trial card.
Brandon was raised in Beaumont and attended West Brook Senior High School. He earned his bachelor's degree in French at Baylor University in 2008. Brandon received his law degree from South Texas College of Law in 2015 and distinguished himself while serving as a Langdell Scholar in property law and as a member of the Varsity Commercial Arbitration Competition Team. His advocacy skills were sharpened by competing in moot court competitions for which he received Best Oralist awards. Brandon received recognition for receiving the top grade in International Criminal Law and Procedure, as well as the top grade in American Legal History: Citizenship and Immigration. Brandon is the 2015 recipient of the Pamela E. George Award for Outstanding Student in Family Law. In addition, Brandon successfully sat for the Texas Bar Exam prior to completing law school, which is something few lawyers have ever done.
Brandon has proved himself to be a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom. During his first month at McClure Law Group, Brandon successfully persuaded a court to reconsider and overturn its ruling which granted an emergency protective order. Since that time, Brandon has successfully prosecuted and defended against multiple family violence protective orders. Additionally, Brandon has received numerous victories in suits to modify prior court orders, including awards of child custody and child support. Additionally, Brandon has successfully recovered multiple awards of attorney's fees on behalf of clients.
As an attorney trained in collaborative law and a frequent participant in family law mediation, Brandon has also found success outside of the courtroom where he is able to use his strong communication and negotiation skills to ensure that his clients' voices are heard while working toward amicable resolution of a lawsuit.
Brandon has represented a variety of clients including business owners, corporate executives, professional athletes, and homemakers. Since joining McClure Law Group, Brandon has also provided volunteer legal services to clients.
During his spare time, Brandon enjoys playing the saxophone, clarinet, and studying new languages. Brandon is fluent in French and Louisiana Creole, as well as conversationally fluent in Spanish.
J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2015
- Langdell Scholar - Commercial Arbitration Team - Spurgeon Bell Moot Court Tournament Top Five Best Speaker Award - Pamela E. George Award for Outstanding Student in Family Law, 2015 - Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity - Dean's Honor List
B.A., French, Baylor University, 2008
State Bar of Texas
Texas Family Law Foundation
Dallas Bar Association
Family Law Section
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2019 "Texas Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Presenter, 2019 Family Law Bench Bar, Dallas Bar Association
- "Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Overview of Combat/Malpractice," Kelly McClure, Brandon Joseph, and Spencer Page, 2019 Family Law Bench Bar, Dallas Bar Association
- 2018 "Top Lawyers" by Fort Worth Magazine
- The St. Thomas More Society of the Diocese of Dallas
- Langdell Scholar, Property Law
- Phi Alpha Delta International Legal Fraternity, Inc.
- CALI Award for Excellence, Highest Grade Distinction, International Criminal Law and Procedure, 2014
- CALI Award for Excellence, Highest Grade Distinction, American Legal History, 2014
- Campaign to Re-elect the Honorable Felipe Reyna, Tenth Court of Appeals, 2010