Robert EpsteinManaging Partner
I strive for excellence in all that I do—in and out of the courtroom—and every day. I hustle and work tirelessly for resolution of problems and the achievement of client goals.Education
The Catholic University of America, J.D.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. Political Science
- Won bench trial to modify child custody for father to have sole managing conservatorship with indefinitely restricted possession of and access to child for other parent; co-counseled on appeal to have this ruling affirmed, which created landmark case law on child custody modification suits in the State of Texas.
- Won unanimous jury verdict for father to be awarded child custody and the right to relocate the child’s primary residence.
- Won bench trial involving division of an estate exceeding $100 million.
- Won bench trial for mother and wife to be awarded primary possession of child and significantly disproportionate division of community estate.
- Won bench trial for father to be awarded equal time with the child.
- Obtained child custody on behalf of grandparents.
- Obtained child custody on behalf of father serving in the military.
- Achieved several settlements for mothers to be able to relocate with their children outside the State of Texas.
- Achieved several settlements for spouses to receive money upon divorce far in excess of prenuptial agreement terms, including on one occasion the wife of a famous professional athlete.
- Achieved directed verdict on separate property reimbursement claims.
- Prevailed on numerous motions involving matters of interstate child custody and support, including but not limited to cases with children or parties in California, Florida, Massachusetts, and New York.
- Represented client in arbitration involving valuation and division of minority interest in major professional sports franchise.
- Represented client and achieved disproportionately favorable settlement involving the sale of a majority interest in a closely held business which sold for over $50 million.
- 2021 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report
- 2021-2016 “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine
- 2021-2018 “Best Lawyers Under 40” by D Magazine
- 2020-2018 “Top Attorneys” by Fort Worth Magazine
- 2021-2019 “Texas Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- 2020 Best Lawyers in America
- 2020 “Dallas Top Jewish Attorney Under 40” by the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas Cardozo Society
- 2020 Top Ten Ranking by The National Academy of Family Law
- 2021 “Top 10 Blog Posts” by Texas Bar Today
- 2021-2017 “Power Player” by Modern Luxury Magazine
- 2018-2017 “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas Cardozo Society
- Certified Financial Litigator by AACFL
- Featured in NBC 5 Local News on “How President Trump’s Tax Changes Will Impact You” explaining how alimony will no longer be tax-deductible to the spouse paying alimony and will no longer be reported as income for the spouse receiving it in divorces after 2018.
- Quoted in The Dallas Morning News article “Why 2018 is the ‘Year to Get Divorced’ and Four Other Lesser-Known Effects of the GOP’s Tax Overhaul” published on March 26, 2018.
- Published author of the article “Parentage in the Modern Era: What to Know When Baby is on the Way and No Wedding Day” in the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section’s Fall 2018 Section Report.
- Published author of the article “Booze, Pills & Powders: Their Impact on A Child Custody Case” in the Dallas Bar Association’s September 2017 Issue of Headnotes.
- Published author of the legal commentary “Balancing National Security and Free Speech Rights: Why Congress Should Revise the Espionage Act,” in 15 CommLaw Conspectus, 483 (2007).